The previously posted build order has served me quite well. Win or loss, I can't think of a better way to start off a game as Zerg. For the record, here's the good one and the first "decision" made afterwards.
10/10 Spawning Pool
9/10 Drone
10/10 Overlord
10/10 Overlord
10/26 Zerglings
11/26 Zerglings
12/26 Zerglings
-> Send lings to find enemy base
13/26 Queen
14+ Drones/undefined
When the lings find the enemy base, then I have to make the first real "decision" of the game. Do the zerglings attack, or no? If I think they can cause their 150 minerals worth of damage, then they attack. This can usually be achieved by putting a pylon/supply depot out of commission or wreaking havoc on some worker bees. If either of these things is true, then I crank out another batch of zerglings to follow up the attack, and basically just keep the ling pressure on while I make a 2nd hatchery and tech up.
If they can't cause their worth in damage, then I retreat them and put them to some other constructive use like scouting expansions, or ganking enemy scouts.
That's early game, and so far it's kept me moving steadily up the ladder from the top of Bronze to the top of Silver. I think the problem I have now is making the correct transition to midgame if this doesn't leave my opponent at a serious enough disadvantage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment