Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My life! (for Aiur)

I've been having more than enough fun as Zerg, so in order to properly think of them, I needed more exposure to other races.  A quick jaunt as toss has convinced me that a good build order is (following the same kinda logic as my zerg build order) is:

0:53 9/10 Pylon (once this pylon finishes, nuke the nexus with Chronoboost to crank out workers faster)
1:52 13/18 Gateway
2:12 15/18 Pylon
2:40 17/26 Gateway
2:54 18/26 Pylon
3:05 21/26 Zealot
etc etc, make 3 gateways about about 25 workers
When I've got about 8 zealots, 3 things happen more or less simultaneously:
1) I make about 4-6 more zealots
2) Those 8 zealots go scout the enemy and see if the game can be won immediately or not
3) I put up assimilators and a Cybernetic Core for techiness, in case those 8 zealots can't win the game

The zealot at 3:05 should be enough to prevent loss to an early ling rush.  If your opponent through everything he/she had into a 6-pool ling rush, your probes will be a vital part of your defense, but your economy will be so far ahead anyways that it's effectively a win at that point.  If it's a more relaxed ling rush, then the zealot can't win by himself but he can kite for the 10-15 seconds it takes to get a buddy and/or team up with probes to win easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment